Name: George Kyrailidis
Nationality or Ethnicity: Greek
Where do you live?: In Katerini (Northern Greece)
Languages: Modern Greek, Ancient Greek, English, German, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi,
1. What’s your story? How did you get into all these languages?
I started learning languages at the age of 7 but 3 years ago I got the motivation to continue with more and more languages with a real passion.
2. Which language(s) do you wish you could spend more time practising?
I would like to spend more time practising Hebrew because I think that is the hardest language to learn.
3. What are some languages you’d like to learn in the future?
I would like to learn Chinese, Swahili, Portuguese, Danish and Japanese.
4. So let’s be honest, what’s the sexiest language?
I think the language of LOVE is unique globally.
5. What’s the greatest pleasure you get from speaking so many languages?
I get the greatest pleasure when I understand in depth what native speakers try to tell me and I am able to communicate without any problem.
6. Some people say the world is really just going to have a few languages left in a 100 years, do you think this is really true?
No, because the world has various cultures and languages are part of them.
7. What is your message to young (and not so young) people out there who are interested in studying multiple languages?
My message to young and not so young people is that, any language they study, they should do it with pleasure and passion.