Name: Gayane Hovhannisyan
Nationality or Ethnicity: Armenian
Where do you live? Yerevan, Armenia
Languages: Armenian, Russian and English. Passive knowledge of several languages including French, German, Italian, Spanish, a few Slavic languages, and Arabic,
1. HYPIA Research revolves around three main, interrelated activities: a monthly study group (to discuss relevant articles/chapters and videos), an annual conference (to present your own ideas about them) and the publication of selected proceedings from that conference. Ideally, we would be interested in accepting applicants that are able and willing to participate in all 3. On a scale from 1 (most likely) to 10 (less likely), how likely are you commit to this endeavor?
1 (most likely).
2. What are your main areas of research interest? Please, rank the following from 1 (most interesting to you) to 5 (less interesting).
(2) Language Ideologies
(5) Formal Linguistics
(3) Minoritized Languages and/or Language Revitalization
(1) Other, please specify: Language acquisition vs. Learning
3. Which linguistic concepts / areas / discourses would you like to explore as part of HYPIA Research?
Language learning/acquisition self-observation reports, and functionl multilingualism.
4. What is unique about your language-related research?
a. My research object is not the language itself, but the language (here multilingual) personality. I have been working on this for the past 30 years. I find a challenge in testing my concept in the in the HYPIA context. Hope the results will be mutually beneficial.
b. I combine quantitative data analysis with qualitative studies on a broad cultural and theoretical background to achieve the holistic, as complete as possible, picture of the object – the consciousness of the language personality.
5. Please, let us know your related academic credentials, if and as applicable.
a. University diploma with honors of TEFL (with French minor).
b. Candidate of Sciences (PhD) diploma from Moscow IL, NAS RF.
c. Doctor of Sciences (Dsc) diploma from Yerevan IL, NAS RA.
d. Professor of Linguistics Diploma from HQC MoES, RA.