Name: Panayiotis Vyras
Nationality or Ethnicity: Greece
Where do you live?: Greece
Languages: Greek, English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Russian.
1. What’s your story? How did you get into all these languages?
I am a psychiatrist and systemic psychotherapist, working in Athens-Greece. I love classical music and opera. Passionate about art, poetry, travels and spirituality. My interest goes deeply into psychology, human relations and the purpose of living. I love studying different languages and organizing events about Family Systems, worldwide: www.familysystem.eu
2. Which language(s) do you wish you could spend more time practising?
I practice all of them, whenever I can! Maybe more time with German, Spanish and Russian would be fun.
3. What are some languages you’d like to learn in the future?
Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew.
4. So let’s be honest, what’s the sexiest language?
My heart beats with Italian!
5. What’s the greatest pleasure you get from speaking so many languages?
Being able to converse with others directly, without interpreters. And reading wonderful poetry, without translators.
6. Some people say the world is really just going to have a few languages left in a 100 years, do you think this is really true?
There will be perhaps fewer languages, yes. But, there will still be many around!
7. What is your message to young (and not so young) people out there who are interested in studying multiple languages?
Yes! Learn and use them... it’s a precious gift to yourself and others