Name: Ruben Medina Serrano
Nationality or Ethnicity: German and Spanish
Where do you live?: in Germany
Languages: Catalan, Spanish, Italian, French, English, German
1. What’s your story? How did you get into all these languages?
Everything started with an Erasmus year....
2. Which language(s) do you wish you could spend more time practising?
French, English and Italian.
3. What are some languages you’d like to learn in the future?
I would like to learn new languages like Croatian, Russian, Turkish, and Portuguese.
4. So let’s be honest, what’s the sexiest language?
I guess Italian, French, and Spanish.
5. What’s the greatest pleasure you get from speaking so many languages?
I don’t speak so many languages... I am in a learning journey. It’s great to communicate with others and understand their cultures.
6. Some people say the world is really just going to have a few languages left in a 100 years, do you think this is really true?
I would say that there is at least in Europe a trend to defend regional identities, which involves cultures and languages. I think in the future there will be more polyglots.
7. What is your message to young (and not so young) people out there who are interested in studying multiple languages?
Young people already know the current diversity due to the globalisation. I would say “connect people by learning their culture and language”